Cross and McMurdo Sound

Cross and McMurdo Sound

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blog 3 - Antarctica Photos!

   I know the first two blogs were long winded and all, so I thought I'd just do another blog quickly with all  the other photos I took while I was on the flight from Christchurch to here. These photos will give you a better idea at how wide open and vast this place is, oh, an also very white.

  I hope you all enjoy the photos and I know a lot more will be coming down the road. Enjoy!!




























That about does it for the photos I took from the plane as we approached Antarctica and as we flew over some of it toward McMurdo. Lots of white and Mountains around here. You'll see in some of the photos you can see a few valleys that you can see the gravel and all. Those are the Dry Valleys and a lot of research goes on there in the summers. Was also the place where NASA tested the Mars Rover because of the cold and similarity to Mars's surface. FYI!

Hope you enjoyed and I hope the next blog comes soon!

No comments: